Sunday, September 2, 2012

Thought Venting - Vol. 2

- I hate how whenever I say I like Queen's Blade or explain why I like QB so much, I always feel like whoever is reading it thinks I'm joking or setting up for some punch-line. Not much I can do about it, but it's still kinda annoying. Luckily there are some folks out there who also watch Queen's Blade for the plot and characters like I do, so the whole situation doesn't bother me too much.

- Am I the only person who thinks the Jak series is much, much better than the Uncharted series on almost every level. I wish Naughty Dog continued the series on the PS3 like Insomniac did with the Ratchet series.

- I am really sick of Metroid: Other M still getting hate from people. I understand that the game was a lot of change to take in at once, but I wish people would at least respect the game for what it did so well, which was nearly everything. You don't have to like a product, but at least respect the product and those who made it when the product is so well made.

- I don't care what people say, The Fairly Oddparents is funnier than its ever been. I love nostalgia as much as the next guy, but its not so hard to admit when something new is better than it used to be.

- I hate what the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show on Nickelodeon looks like. It could still end up having some good writing and stories, but the visuals of that show are terrible, imo.

- The sports genre is SO perfect for shonen manga. The underdog rising up to beat the tougher opponent, the intensity of the "battle", and the emotional friendships among the colorful people you meet; all of it meets with the sports genre so well. Nothing gets me pumped like a great sports manga.

- I really wish great games weren't so rare these days. I won't go and say "videogames suck now", because we still get some stellar stuff, though it is mainly from Nintendo. Regardless, I miss the N64, PS1, GC, and PS2 days when there was a lot more options for a gamer to sink their teeth into; nowadays, you either have to really expand your tastes or wait 6 months or more for a game perfectly suited to your tastes.

- If Dragon's Crown does not have a trailer and an info dump at Toyko Game Show, I am going to rage pretty hard. On that note, after TGS, expect either a raging post or a fanboy post from me on the subject of Dragon's Crown.

- I'm listening to the Queen's Blade Rebellion soundtrack right now, and it is truly superb; seriously, its movie-level stuff. Masaru Yokoyama is a genius.

- I'm happy that the fighting genre has come back in full force, but I hope we see more unique stuff like P4A and Skullgirls in the future instead of just Street Fighter and Vs. style fighters.

- I really like Skullgirls, and I'm not entirely sure why. I feel like I've known these characters for a long time and yet it's only been a little over 6 months since SG came out. Maybe because SG characters and style remind me so much of Batman: The Animated Series, and I get a strong sense of nostalgia from it. Well, whatever it is, I like every aspect about SG, and I hope to see a lot more of these characters in the future.

- So, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was just announced, and I actually don't have too much to say about it. I'm really intrigued by the new gameplay ideas and how Square will execute them, and the focus on Lightning makes me relieved after FFXIII-2. Of course, we don't know too much at the moment, so I won't make too many assumptions. At the moment, I'm excited to see what happens, but I won't get my hopes too high.


Well, here's hoping this year's Tokyo Game show is gonna be amazing. And to wrap up, here's a beautiful track from the Queen's Blade OST:


I love this track because it really reminds me of how character-driven the story of QB was and how there were many highs and lows to the character's relationships with one another without ever getting cliche or angtsy; it was just good, straight-forward story-telling.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I been saving some bucks to buy artbooks from a while, but I'm careful of when to buy,cause I have to buy all together for the shipping at PIJ, I would love to have it! your work is truly amazing!
    http://bit.ly/METROIDOtherM

    ReplyDelete