Monday, April 1, 2013

My Favorite Character Designs - Round 1

If there's one thing I love, it's a great character design. So, I'm gonna start up another subseries where I show some of my favorite character designs from videogames, manga, anime, comics, etc.

I will note that the character designs I list will mainly be based upon design alone, not really personality or story; though I may go into personality a little. I'll also try to keep my reasons to liking the character designs to a minimum and let the designs speak for themselves. Also, these are not in any sort of order, and basically listed in random.

------------------------------------

Jotaro Kujo



The Jojo series is full of amazing character designs, but Jotaro really stands out to me thanks to sleek, cool style. If you were to ask me who the coolest looking manga character is, Jotaro would be the first design to pop into my head.

Bayonetta


An incredible combination of sexy and beautiful in the form of an adult woman. A lot of Bayonetta's appeal comes from her animation within the game, but her design is amazing in and of itself. There are so many small details in her design that give her so much history just on face value. Her guns, her ribbon, the belts, her glasses, and, of course, her full-body suit made from her own hair. The simple fact that Bayonetta is both completely covered and naked at the same time is just insanely creative. 

The Super Boins


Here are two characters that may not have become my favorites if not for being in the right place at the right time. For one, they really remind me of designs that would be in a Platinum/Clover game, as they both look like a fusion of Bayonetta and Sexy Silvia. And, they are a beacon of color in a movie that is otherwise lacking in color. I also like how they're sex appeal is worn on their sleeves, and yet they're very humorous and silly people. It all just made them really likable. They're racing car being a mech in the shape of a voluptuous woman is also very cool as well.

Terry Bogard


Terry Bogard, like Jotaro, is a design that works very well thanks to how simple his design is. However, unlike Jotaro's calm and cool attitude, Terry is loud and friendly. In fact, a huge part of Terry's likability is his engrish attack screams like "Are you OK?" and "Crack Shoot!". All of it comes to together to give Terry a very friendly air about him, making him easily one of the most likable and cool fighting game characters of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment