Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Favorite Character Designs - Round 2

Luna-Luna (Queen's Blade Rebellion)


I'm going to try and limit the amount of QB characters I put into these to just my absolute favorites, and with that said, Luna-Luna takes top marks. There is so much creative detail put into her character design, from her head ornament, to her tentacles, to her countless ornaments. Just everything about this character screams "exotic", like something out of the legends of beautiful women from far off lands.

Medusa (Kid Icarus: Uprising)


Kid Icarus: Uprising has many great character designs, but I found Medusa's to be the best. On top of the incredible amount of detail put into her design, she encompasses the perfect amount of beauty and terror.

Nights (NiGHTS into Dreams)


In the old days, game developers had to make simpler character designs so that they could be made into small sprites and low-polygon models. Nights is perhaps my favorite design to come out of this era of more simpler character designs. Her (yes, I'm going with "her") design is creative and magical. Her large eyes, aerodynamic design, and purple color scheme all make for a very eye-catching design.

Tira (Soulcaliber III)


The Soulcaliber series is full of incredible character designs; in fact, I don't think there is one character that looks mediocre. However, like Queen's Blade, I can't list everyone because that would get old quick, so I'll list only my favorites, beginning with one of my all-time favorites: Tira in her SCIII form. The color scheme, feathers, and make-up all make for a very imposing yet beautiful character design. Simply amazing.

Odette (Odin Sphere)


The first of what is bound to be many characters designed by George Kamitani, Odette is an incredibly imposing character. Her dark blue color scheme, lantern, headdress, and sharp red and black eyes make for a detailed character design. And, like Medusa, she combines elements of both beauty and terror. Like some type of devious facade, Odette's front appearance is that of a buxom, regal woman, and yet look past that and you see a bleach white skeleton. An incredibly creative design that truly creates the look of one who rules the land of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment