Friday, September 20, 2013

30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 10 - Best Gameplay

Day 10: Best Gameplay

The Wonderful 101. This question is far too hard to answer with just one game, though, if I had to make the choice, I'd go with The Wonderful 101. Maybe it's because I'm playing the game intently right now, but 101 is really, really impressive in the gameplay department. 101 basically feels like the culmination of all of Hideki Kamiya's previous games' gameplay systems, and as a result, the game feels absolutely filled to the brim with content, creativity, and gameplay diversity. It's that gameplay diversity that really makes me love gameplay systems in games. Donkey Kong Country Returns, Yoshi's Island, Gravity Rush, Okami, Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime, Dragon's Crown, and many more are other games that have great gameplay diversity and original ideas. Gameplay is the most important aspect of a video game, and it's always been something I really pay attention to and critique, so when a game has gameplay that really impresses me, it often becomes a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment